A concatenation of events which precluded making a more salubrious housing
selection.  Mostly having no knowledge of market/geography/socio-economic
factors related to desirable neighborhoods within her price range.  There was
also a short time range in which she had to nail down purchase due to tax laws
related to real estate investment exchanges.  This was the best option given
the steaming pile of dung the Anchorage market had at the time.

Not to say the selection is any better now.  Boom bust cycles around here have
lots of inventory sitting in foreclosures, so, like with our cars, the things
languish and decay before the banks get done with paperwork so the real estate
can be put back on the market in a boom swing.

Strangely, the fellow who owns The Alaska Mint (he just makes gold and silver
coins and jewelry) has a spectacular home on a fly in lake a few blocks away,
almost under the flight path of the cargo jets.  Reminds me of a Russian
oligarch Dacha or large chapel in the woods.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.