Thanks, Karl.

I don’t recall what the rate that was quoted, but we bought it down to 2.5% for
about $1400. While I wouldn’t normally buy points, it was enough of a bargain
that it made sense to do it. We’re not quite retirement age but the light at
the end of the tunnel is definitely getting brighter, so anything we can do to
reduce overhead while banking as much cash and investments as possible makes
sense. In a pinch we’ll have plenty of equity as well if we needed it.

I’m sure most of the borrowers in your part of the world are using jumbo
mortgages…I remember looking into them when I was living in San Francisco. Glad
that didn’t pan out…

-D