-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of OK Don
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 9:38 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Coolant Question

No hard info here, but of the six Mercedes's that I've owned, all
those (3) that had the green stuff when I bought them had over heating
problems, and none of those (3) that had the white stuff had any
cooling problems at all. Of those with the green stuff, one was a '76
300D and another is the '81 240D - so yes, it is bad in the mostly
iron engines as well.

It used to be that the decreased frequency of changing the anti-freeze
offset the increased cost almost exactly. I don't konw what the
current prices are so - you get to figure that out.

Snook - yes, that means that the 300D is heating up at over 90F
outside with the air on --

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK