The thing I have come to grips with is that I don’t go out trying to find
something plant based that tastes like something animal based. Make sense? I
know, no matter how fancy a plant based product is, it is not going to taste
like whatever it is supposed to be replacing. If I want sausage biscuits and
gravy, I will make SAUSAGE-from-a-pig gravy and not tell the sawbones.
There is a small mom and pop vegan restaurant near my home that has something
that is supposed to be what you would order if you wanted sweet and sour
chicken. They utilize this soy based stuff he sorta kinda developed, it’s
seasoned well, panko breaded and fried slightly and it is quite good when
swished around with the veggies and pineapple in the sweet and sour sauce he
makes…but it ain’t sweet and sour chicken. If you order that expecting it to
taste like chicken you will be disappointed, but it is really quite tasty.

My cancer doc @ MD Anderson in Houston has sent me enough current
science/studies that show quite impressively that men my age with my exact
stage of prostate cancer have benefited greatly from switching to a plant
based/whole food life style. I’ll get another data point on my graph July 1st
(provided my appoints don’t get shoved out again on account of the covid)  to
see if my new life style is holding this effing cancer in check. I reckon
changing a way of eating, after being well persuaded by science, is certainly
better than surgery of chemo right now.

Bob R

Sent from Mail for Windows 10