Got this 81 240D moved into the shop and jacked up. I examined the underside
and discovered it’s going to need all the typical 123 front end work. Will need
ball joints, tie rods, and control arm bushings for sure. Have not looked at
the upper control arms yet. Basically I probably need to just redo the entire
front end. Also needs at least a front flex disk and center support. Moved on
to the clutch. I hooked my pressure bleeder up to the brake reservoir then
opened the bleeder on the slave cylinder and got a good steady stream of fluid
out, no bubbles. Let it run for a while. Does this mean my issue is not air on
the system? When pressing the clutch it pushed down and comes right back up but
does not feel like it is actually doing doing anything. I pulled the under dash
cover and nothing is disconnected there. How do I go about figuring out what
the actual issue is as far as if it’s a master cylinder issue, slave cylinder
or something else?

I want to get the clutch fixed first so I can at least move the car around.
After I do that the next priority is getting the lift going because I do not
want to do all this front end and driveshaft working laying on my back under
the car. Screw that.

Sent from my iPhone