What are people's go to tools for A/C repair/recharging?

What kind of vacuum pumps do you folks use?
Where might I look for a great one available cheaply?

I already have a set of gauges, of the four-hose style I prefer, courtesy
craigslist. I do need to rig up a hose for the larger diameter connection
to the vehicle's A/C system, since the multitude of hoses which came with
the gauge set are all for the smaller diameter

Does anyone use an electronic vacuum gauge?

How about sources for R-134A? Do you buy the 12 oz. cans? How much do
they run where you buy them?

I can get a 12 oz. can locally here for $6.39 (plus tax). I can get a 30#
cylinder for $129.00. The crossover point where the 30# cylinder is
cheaper is 15.141# (20.188 of the 12 oz. cans).

Should I just bite the bullet and get the 30# (which I think Kaleb has
done) and be set for the future?

Craig