On Tue, June 23, 2020 1:34 am, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> What are people's go to tools for A/C repair/recharging?

I use a Harbor Freight 2 stage vacuum pump.
If China isn't to your liking, try to find an old Robinaire, Snap-On, etc
in a pawn shop.

Digital micron gauge would be nice, a digital manifold set is super nice,
but neither is really necessary for automotive use. If I were working with
R-12 I'd want the micron gauge to make sure I had the leaks fixed before
filling with precious gas. Fieldpiece, Yellow Jacket and Testo are your
friends here.

I see a can of 'usa made' R134a for $123 shipped on eBay.
But I just buy whatever's on sale at Menards, grab $15-20 worth whenever I
see it for under $3/12oz. If you haven't done that, the regular price is
about $4.50.