Oh duh, if I seal off the intake/exhaust manifold, the valves won't make any
difference.  It was late when I said that.....

~Luther,
~  Getting a bit complicated there......No need to mess with the valves for
~the compressor side.  All you would need is a check valve in the line tapped
~off from the injector holes on those two cylinders.  The engine will do the
~rest on every compression stroke.  Used to be a kit offered in PM magazine
~to do just what you are saying with a VeeDub.  Only real problem I can think
~of with yours is trying to get the MBZ diesel to start with two dead
~cylinders........
~
~Mike

--