On Thu, July 23, 2020 4:29 pm, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
> The problem is we do not know if they help to contain the virus. They say
> they think it might be spread by droplets from coughing etc. A report
> then came out that it might be airborne. First we need to figure that
> out. Next, what size is the virus? What micron rating are the masks?

1. Social distancing effect. Your exhalations have less range when you
cover your face, so 4' away from a mask wearer should be better than 4'
away unmasked, especially if he's talking.

2. Cyclone fence vs mosquito effect. If it's just the virus, any mask that
lets you smell your farts lets the virus through. OTOH, if it's water
droplets, if your mask gets wet, it's catching something.