Cassettes were all about convenience in my book. Sound was never as good
as vinyl records or larger tape formats. They were good in cars, I liked
them better than CDs because they didn't skip on bumps and they were
more tolerant of careless handling.

There are a small number of dedicated cassette tape enthusiasts even
today though.

I have a TEAC reel-to-reel tape player in the basement that was my
dad's. I keep meaning to see if it still works. Been sitting for years.

Allan