On 5/4/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know enough about electronics to get much out of the
> broken relay, so I'm willing to send it to anyone (Jim?) who wants to
> dissect it or attempt a component-level repair.  There sure are more
> components in it than I expected---ICs, diodes, and caps, oh my!  I'll
> even
> pay the postage in the interest of Science.  (But if you get it
> working and
> plan to sell it, you have to offer me right of first refusal!)

I'd be happy to have a stab at it, I've never had a bad one of my
own to mess with.  Jim Cathey, S. 6021 Campbell Rd. Greenacres, WA
99016

OK, it's on its way to you, Jim.  Good thing you have the SDL to test it
in.  (Assuming the specs are the same for the Klima in the 603 engine
regardless of chassis---I guess that isn't a very safe assumption, knowing
Ma Benz's prediliction for subtle differences in parts that one would think
would be identical.)

The new one I bought from Rusty is still working just fine for me... knock
on Zebrano!

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper