I'd think that it will be easier and faster to sell with everything
working, especially with high miles. I'd fix it.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 5:04 PM Robert Massmann via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna which is my wife’s car and she no longer
> drives. It has 287,000 miles on it and run just fine. We had bought it used
> 6-8 years ago and has served us very well. It is an XLE model with all the
> bells and whistles. Added features are backup camera, built-in DVD player
> and head phones, parking avoidance sensors', heated front seats, and auto
> distance tracking under cruise control. It is a very nice van and we have
> used it for camping trips into the Smokes and to the East coast pulling a
> popup camper.
>
> I have spent the last several weeks cleaning it up, inside and out and
> during this time frame the passenger door power door cable decided to
> break. No problem it has a manual mode, but when I closed the sliding door
> the latches jammed and I can not get the door open. For some reason the
> sliding door refuses to release and open.
>
> My options are, sell as is, or fix the sliding door than sell.
>
> A complete door from a pick-n-pull is about $75, if I wanted to take the
> time and destroy the current door to get it open. Or I could try and start
> pulling interior panel and seeing if I can get the door open. Just not sure
> if it is worth it to try to fix before selling it?
>
> Just trying to put it out there on which way to go.
>
> I am retired, so I can take whatever time is needed.
>
> Thank you, sorry it not a Mercedes question.
>
> Bob Massmann
>
> BMW X3
> BMW 525i
> 85 Mercedes 300CD, Non-Running Project
> 82 Mercedes 300 Turbo, Non-Running

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!