On 2020-09-19 15:52, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
What is the consensus about these Lithium-ion jump packs?

The Delco in my Saturn was from Fall 2014. 2016 I left the trunk open for over an hour and the car refused to try to start, thinking the battery was too low. Hooking up a charger reset the low voltage trigger and the car started, but that was an indication of very low battery capacity, I should have traded it in under warranty. Winter 2019, the car cranked slow, so I bought a couple of tiny Stanley lithium pack. When temps hit -13F, the car barely started. When it was -18 a couple days later, no start. The Stanley pack, twice the size of a cigarette pack, made the difference between starting and not starting. I believe I used the warm pack out of the house and not the cold pack out of the car, I figure it's abusive to use lithium batteries below 14F. I've also used it to start lawn mowers as an alternative to buying another $90 motorcycle battery that the mower would just kill in a year or two.

This is about the smallest and weakest thing I found, seems like they were about $35 at Walmart a couple years ago, I got them on clearance for under $15. They will start a car with help from the car's battery, but they won't do it alone.
https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-SS4LS-PowerToGo-Lithium-Portable/dp/B07MGC1SLX/