And yesterday’s, too.

I’ve had a CEL on the 1998 S210 wagon for some time, P0400, which is the EGR or
related stuff. I replaced it for just that issue about 14 months ago, and the
CEL returned maybe 2-3 months ago. With minimal driving and knowing it wasn’t
anything significant, I just let it go.

As the weather has cooled off here relatively speaking, I went out last night
and spent some time poking around. Found the short U-shaped vacuum line between
the manifold connector and pressure transducer at the EGR was split at one end.
This would definitely cause a P0400 error, so I replaced the cracked hose and
reset the computer. It takes two driving cycles for the computer to decide
there’s an issue, so I’ll have to drive it a bit to see if the CEL returns, but
I’m optimistic the problem is solved.

Today I’m going to replace the motor mounts and transmission mounts. The ones
on the car are not original and not in too bod shape, but I have a set of
Lemförder mounts that are taking up space on the shelf so I figure i’ll put
them on. I need to replace the fuel filter, too, so maybe I’ll do that as well.

-D