George G. wrote:

"I was in martindale's on a matter when I read your note!

Yeah, that's right.  It's Uncle John that has no balls for that sort of
thing."

By Uncle John are you referring to John Ashcroft?  He is a friend of
mine, well I know him but his brother Wes was a good friend of mine.  We
went to church together and I have known the Ashcroft family for almost
20 years.  His father was a great man and the former president of
Evangel University (my Alma Mater).  Ashcroft gets a lot of underserved
criticism. I got to know him pretty well when I worked on his campaign
and while I admit he is as conservative as they come, he is also a very
intelligent and humble guy. He hated being Attorney General because he
is the sort of person who likes to do the behind the scenes work.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL