I'm taking the wife's Honda CRV into the dealer for an oil change (we got
several free oil changes as part of the deal of purchasing vehicle). And I'm
going to ask them what it would take to make the vehicle capable of running
E-85.

I'm going to run something past y'all that they told me last time. They
changed the trannie fluid, and I noticed on the invoice that it took like 12
quarts or so (maybe more, I forget) - a lot more than I thought it should.

Their explanation is that they always flush the trannie when changing fluid,
and they actually use fresh trannie fluid to do the flushing. I really
question this, as it seems very wasteful. In addition, he told me the
capacity on the thing was more than the manual says, explaning that it's
because the manual quotes capacity for simply changing the fluid without
completely emptying it (torque converter, etc.).

Sound fishy? Or not?

Brian
83 240D
2000 Honda CRV