That works, too.

Older siblings are retired or retiring. Wife’s brother is retiring in a few
years. Everyone lives in or near the south side of Indy except Mom in law, who
lives down here. Wife’s extensive extended family is all up there. We went up
to Indy a few weeks ago for my niece’s wedding in Brown County and realized
that the bulk of our family is there and we rarely see them, so it made sense
to buy a house up there for a second home.

Ideally, we could both work remotely up there in the summer and winter in
Florida, but that’s yet to be determined. Either way, it’s something that made
sense and will allow us to spend more time with family. Homes are cheap up
there and interest rates are in the tank, so it’s a good time to increase one’s
real estate holdings for sure.

-D