We built our garage 28' x 40', and it's TOO Small! Wish I'd put another 8'
on it to be 48' long. With all the wood working tools and the truck in
there, it's crowded now.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:44 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  We already started on a second garage. The first was 16x24. I'd lobbied
> for larger but dad had the purse strings and I was outvoted.For the new one
> I again lobbied for bigger but we're getting another 16x24. The slab is
> down but our builder is out of commission with new knees and can't get any
> help to build. At least I did argue with dad to get the roof expanded for
> car ports on both sides so I can park the mowing machine and other
> implements out of the weather.
> -Curt
>
>     On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 4:34:09 PM EDT, Dan Penoff via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>  Okie Acres East!
>
> -D
>
> > On Oct 7, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 07/10/2020 3:26 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> >>  Funny you should mention that, next week we're meeting with the guy
> who owns the farm next to mine, he wants to sell out and I'm looking to buy.
> >> Our access road is deeded access across that farm so a prospective
> buyer can't lock us out but could potentially make it a hassle. The farm on
> the other side of ours sold and the new owner apparently has people
> arrested for trespassing when they go fishing on the river his land abuts.
> People have fished that spot for generations...So anyway I don't want a
> jerk like that buying the land I access my land from, figure the easiest
> way is to just buy it. The guy apparently wants $95k. 60 acres, comes with
> a falling down house and a big barn that is, I think, less than 10 years
> old. We're thinking to section off the house and maybe 3 acres and sell
> that off, keep the land. We've got, I think 72 acres in the abutting lot.
> The other nice thing is some of the new land is rented out for farming,
> maybe we can encourage that renter to take on some of our existing land
> also which would save me from having to mow the grass...
> >> -Curt
> >>

> > You obviously need to keep the big barn to store more cars and
> equipment. Patch up the old house and rent it out cheap to someone who will
> function as an unpaid caretaker to  watch over things when you are not
> there.
> >
> > RB

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!