I am also somewhat into old console stereos. I have one I bought at a thrift
store we i was about 14. It is a fancy maganvox and as far as I know still
works. Have not fired it up in many years. I also have my grandmothers RCA from
about 1968 that I used to listen to when I was at her house. I was playing it
one time back in about 1991 when it made a loud popping sound and no longer
worked after that. She had it checked out and it needed some transistors
replaced I believe. She didn’t want to spend the money on it so it’s not been
used since. I would really like to get it fixed but do not know anything about
replacing transistors and not sure where to find anybody to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone