On 2020-10-21 06:39, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Agreed. The B series is not ideal for an automotive engine swap for a
myriad of reasons. Granted, it’s a great engine in the right
application, but a W126 conversion is not that.

There once was a time that I thought the 4BT was a great little truck engine, better than the 6A anyway, but even then I'd never put one in a W140.

Now I'm no longer convinced it's such a great engine for an old Scout or Bronco. Reasonable power, torque and MPG, but it's still heavier than many alternatives.