These people live their lives via Facebook, this is what they think is normal
interaction.  They are happy to be stuck in Facebook all day, and assume you
are to.  It would be really mean (in their world) to leave you alone and not
ask anything, so they think they are doing friendly chat with you.

Stop being such a terrible Facebook citizen and try to act normal!  Be like
them!  Fit in, follow the crowd!
Max Dillon
Charleston SC