On 2020-12-01 10:21, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
You’ll most likely regret a 17” unless you’re using it for viewing
DVDs or streaming content. It’s a beast to carry around and transport.

I've only had two laptops that I really used on a day to day basis.
The first was my Zenith MiniSport back in the 1990s, the second was my 17" HP G72 that I bought nearly ten years ago and is getting worn out, but I'm typing this email with it on my lap, broken lid hinge and all. (the hinge failing in June changed my shopping from "I'm gonna buy a new one this year" to "I have to buy a new one this year"). Most of the time, the G72 just sits on my desk. I wish I knew a way to tell it to charge the battery 70% and stop. By the end of the year the G72 will be out of service, unless I end up using it for a network hub.