The problem is that once credibility is lost it's hard to re-establish. If I've
been lied to I'm unlikely to believe that source in the future.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 11:26 AM, Karl Wittnebel via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   I take my news where I find it. Are
you disputing the facts in the article?
Seems like direct quotes from the people involved should be pretty reliable.

They are called logicall fallacies for a reason - they are fallacies. In
other words, it does not follow that because some things in the NYT are not
true, that all things in the NYT are not true. This one is known as the ad
hominem attack, where instead of refuting any facts, someone tries to
discredit an article because a certain person wrote it, or it was published
in a certain periodical.

https://kreativcopywriting.com/10-logical-fallacies-know-spot/

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 7:04 AM Meade Dillon via Mercedes <