Its probably worth more now than what you paid for it. Unfortunately the
capacitors on those older Macs are known to fail. Standard wisdom is to recap
any new-to-you machine since the caps will leak and cause damage.On the one
hand its kind of rotten that it happens, on the other hand 30 years ago I'm
sure no one thought that computer would still be used in 30 years.

-Curt

    On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 8:29:18 PM EST, Peter Frederick via Mercedes