On 2021-01-05 19:57, Curt Raymond wrote:

Tandy 1000 was apparently the rocketship for the era.

I thought it had an 8086 or 8088 at 4.77MHz just like IBM, but I could be wrong.
For all I know it might have had a V20 or V30.
My Zenith MiniSport (RIP) has a V20, IIRC at 8MHz.

Wiki is silent as to the T1000's power, but the 1000-HX, SX, and TX had 8088-2 CPUs running at 7.16MHz. And the TX had an 80286.

The MiniSport might have refused to power up ten years ago, but I bet between my T1000 and my Dad's I could come up with a functioning system. I'm not sure if I have enough IBM pieces to make up a PC, but I have a case, some power supplies, and two keyboards.

I loved those old IBM keyboards with the ALPs keyswitches, even if they only had ten function keys. Anybody make a PC (not AT) to USB keyboard adapter?