My HVAC guy in Indiana was insistent that I replace my poorly sized 80,000 BTU
gas furnace and 4 ton AC unit for a 4,000 SF house with geothermal. Up front
cost was around $11k but he was insistent my monthly energy bill would be $100
or less, regardless of the season and condition.

Had we stayed there I would have taken him up on it. There was a big annual
property tax credit from the state for having geothermal,too.

-D