Zoltan Finks wrote:
Thanks. All things considered, I think I'll drain the extra quart. I have a
cleaned powerade bottle, and I will think about draining some from the plug
and put it in there for future use. (I know I'll waste some in the process
too).

You might want to be careful where you store that bottle, if you try this. I've found some plastics will dissolve in engine oil. In one memorable case I removed a warm, drippy oil filter from my Mercedes and dropped it into a plastic bag. It barely paused before falling through the bottom.