20 or so years ago in Norman, OK I was rebuilding the engine in the 450SLC
at the rate that I could afford and get parts. Some of those special hoses
under the manifold took months to get from the dealer.
A neighbor reported us to the code people, who posted a notice on the
windshield that I had 7 days to get the car off my property or the
city would tow it and charge me for the privilege. I called the code
office, got a woman on the phone and told her that I was restoring a
classic Mercedes as I could afford it, and fully indented to finish. She
gave me a 6 month extension, which was enough to get it on the road again.

So, CA isn't the only place with those crappy regs, freedom loving Oklahoma
is rife with them as well. The problem isn't CA, it's people who like to
stick their noses into everyone else's business.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 4:56 PM Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> So if you have A neighbor that hates you and decides to report you to the
> authorities because you’re fixing your car in your garage, you get
> penalized. There are a lot of asshole neighbors ask me how I know. That is
> the problem with ordinances like these and HOAs  etc.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 20, 2021, at 5:29 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > For what it’s worth, I know Sacramento well, having friends that have
> lived there for decades, and seriously considered relocating there in the
> late 1990s. And yes, I would live there. More likely, I would live in the
> foothills around Auburn, as it’s an easy commute and the elevation tempers
> the climate significantly.
> >
> > This is, for all intents and purposes, a story posted a year or two ago
> to rile people up and gain clicks. The ordinance passed some time ago and
> from what my friends tell me, it’s not actively enforced unless you p*ss
> off a neighbor who rats you out or have all sorts of cars around your
> property in various states of disrepair. Many developments in the area have
> HOAs whose CC&Rs go well beyond what the city’s ordinance targets.
> >
> > The article infers that there are code enforcement people roaming the
> streets actively busting residents for the possession of rattle gun or
> torque wrench. It’s simply not so.
> >
> > -D
> >
> >> On Mar 20, 2021, at 4:19 PM, Michael Esh via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> In most cities/towns there are already zoning laws in place that cover
> number of vehicles, unlicensed vehicles, vehicles on blocks and/or
> abandoned vehicles.  The difficulty is assigning manpower to follow up and
> enforce the existing laws. Instead of wasting time writing new laws they
> need to figure a way to enforce the existing ones!
> >>

> >> Michael E. Esh

> are
> weeks
> out
> of
> density
> lawn,
> country can
> house,

> laws like

> your
> overstated

> screw

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!