I used copper in small quantities on my garage for the drip cap over doors and
windows and for the eave returns. The eave returns I fabricated myself and
soldered the corners. Overall a few hundred dollar investment in sheet copper
and I still have some leftover.

I did a copper standing seam snow and ice shedding apron on the front eave of
my rental property in Maine years ago. That added 2K to the price of the roof
job. Despite this my entitled elitist neighbors still called me a slumlord
because I was renting to students.....

Sent from my iPhone