Coumadin and Xarelto have different mechanisms of action  I believe, and while
I don't know much about the actual condition you have, I would assume coumadin
is more effective in that situation that other anti-coagulants.

Same reason the blood clots that are associated with the J&J vaccine should not
be treated with heparin, which is the normal "first line" action for clotting
issues.  Not sure of the mechanism of the formation of that particular type of
clot, but it occurs along with suppressed platelet count, and heparin works by
preventing platelet conglomeration if I remember my med tech training from
forty years ago.  Totally ineffective, and possibly could worsen the condition
instead of treat it.