I don't think I have ever seen a 2WD 163 although I have read that AWD was a delete option.  I would imagine they are pretty rare.  I also don't recall seeing a 163 with a 4MATIC badge, that might have been some later marketing invention when the system was put on Ss and Es and whatever else it was put on. My 211 05E320 wagon had one until the DAPO took off the rear badges for reasons unclear, you can still see the paint is darker where they were.  164s had it although the dizzel we bought did not, in favor of a Bluetech badge (and I think that was maybe only for that year?), although it was still a 4M

I doubt if many were ordered/purchased with fuel economy in mind.  Most of them were mommyvan poseurs I think, even though they are very capable off-road vehicles.

--FT