I have a friend who does lead remediation and lead inspection, and is
certified to do those things. Some time ago, in discussion with him, he
stated the best way to contain lead paint, if it is still bonded to the
underlying surface was to simply paint over it with latex paint, which
seals the lead paint from human contact.
His comments were that all removal methods left uncontained particles that
were the right size to be ingested by humans, after the removal, and it was
impossible to %100 contain those particles and dispose of them safely.
I found that approach interesting, but likely practical, considering he had
a PhD in the subject.