Change the tranny fluid and Bob's your auntie now

--FT

On 6/8/21 3:28 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
Drain all the fluids and Bob's your uncle.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 1:01 PM Max Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Sell it quick!

Max Dillon
Charleston SC

Jun 6, 2021 10:59:06 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com
:
So against my better judgement I bought this 2009 ML320 Bluetec today
for $1k.  Guy who owned it said he had the oil changed about 2 years ago
(truck has been sitting since), then left for a 4 hour road trip.  He says
suddenly it starts acting strange and he pulls over and its got a loud
knock.  He says he checked the oil and the dipstick was dry, never got a
low oil level warning.  He says he put oil in it then had it towed home.  I
show up today, throw a battery in it and it fires right up but sounds like
a rod is about the go shooting out the side of the block.  I load it up and
bring it home.  When I get home,  I made this video while on the trailer,
then after unloading it.  Just watch the video and you will see what I
mean.  What the hell is going on with this thing?
https://youtu.be/XVt12FnCSJE

--FT