I am not an electrician and I know nothing about the rules in Florida, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think you should be able to install a splitter box (which is basically a metal box with terminals inside to connect wires ) where the old panel is and then run new wires up to a new panel, or perhaps up to 2 new panels. A friend has a set up like that in his house. He has 2 100 Amp panels. The ability to have an actual 200 Amps likely depends on how big the wire coming in is and the size of the meter box but often the issue is not so much the need for 200 Amps as it is the need for space for more breakers etc. Who uses all of their electrical stuff at one time?

You are likely not allowed to do it but if you can remove the meter from the socket, then there would be no power feed into the house and you could install the splitter box and a new panel quite safely. Then just push the meter back in. Around here the meters are glass or now plastic covered bowl shaped things. There is a ring around the outside that holds it onto the meter socket box. Remove the seal and the ring comes off. Then you should be able to pull the meter out if you wiggle it a bit as you pull. It just has male metal terminals that go into female terminals on the inside of the meter socket box. To re-install you just push it in tight to the socket frame and put the ring clamp back on. Leave the broken seal on the ground under it so the utility company thinks it fell off?

You should get permits for this sort of thing and/or hire an electrician, but lots of people do things like this themselves. Just be careful and know what you are doing.

A friend actually changed out his panel while it was live. He did not want to pull the meter because he knew there was a broken part in the meter socket and it would have to be replaced. He disconnected wires in the panel and taped rubber spark plug boots over the ends in order to get them out of the panel and into the new panel while they were live. I thought he was crazy to risk it but he did it without killing himself.