Actually I think I am going to be screwed on the rental house.  I have it insured as a rental property rather than homeowners. I got to reading the policy and it looks like it covers ACV, so replacement cost less depreciation.  Roof is original to the house, so 2004.  Not sure how much it will be depreciated.  This house does not mention anything about ACV.