> Could a R107 strap work? ( not knowing, since I have not needed to do those
> straps).  From my PnP scrounging  tours, the check straps for w115, 116, 123
> and 126 all looked very much alike.

Never looked at a 116.  IIRC 115 has had both types, the roller on leaf spring
and the sliding ball detent types.  Never seen anything but the latter in
123/126.
Never seen anything but roller on cam in 107.  Never seen a broken 107 strap,
they seem to be significantly more robust than the others.  It may be that the
bodies are not pot metal, unlike the 115.  It's the pot metal that always fails.

-- Jim