My big tip:  Be sure you have the right torque values for all the
fasteners.  My '85 wagon was non-turbo, but I mistakenly used the turbo
engine procedure and the torque spec is far higher.  I twisted off a
fastener, had to order a new one from MB.  Took a few days to get it.  I
think I was able to use a hardware store bolt for the interim and keep the
car on the road.
Max
Charleston SC