This is related to my run-hot thread....

I seem to recall that the (base) MB spec for oil pressure at hot idle in an
OM617 is 1 bar.

I am getting ~1.5-ish bar at idle hot in park, even when the car is running
hot, but it drops further and faster, to 1 bar in gear once the engine has
really got hot, or I'm in dead traffic, and can even sneak just under the 1
bar mark in traffic jams. So I am constantly shifting into neutral when
waiting.

Question: what is the spec, and is it spec'd for neutral/park or idling in
gear?

TKS

--
"Mac"