> The picture shows my solution. One could use four furniture dollys.

Probably not tall enough for general engine removal.  With lumber costs
being what they are, my take on it would be considerably more rustic:
tree trunks from the woodlot.  Pecker poles for bracing, probably 4 of
them.  Two stout verticals, and an especially-stout horizontal.  Probably
Hazard Fraught car dollies for the feet, rather than furniture dollies.
The scraps would all end up in the wood stove.  The worst part of this
kind of construction is getting the bark off.  Machete, spud, and/or drawknife
as necessary.  Very messy, but easily done out in the woods so you don't
have to clean up.  Tedious, though, as I discovered when making the
wood pavilion:

        /http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/Mog/mogdirt/shedframe.jpg
<http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/Mog/mogdirt/shedframe.jpg>

The little dude in the photo is now a sophomore in college.  My, how time flies!

-- Jim