M.Afzaal Khan wrote:
Hi! At what mileage did you have to change this.? just like to know what is the life of a belt tensioner and other idler pulley's associated with it

The original tensioner arms and idlers used on '84-'85 OM60x engines seldom lasted more than 50-75kmi. The later ones seemed good for 75-150kmi. By the '90s they may still be better (the aftermarket ones MAY not be - I haven't had any of them in long enough to know). Factory shocks seem to last 75+kmi while aftermarket ones seem more likely to fail by 50kmi. The belts on my cars seem to go for 75kmi as long as the arm and idler are in good working order (a bad arm, idler, shock or any belt driven accessory will cause a belt to fail prematurely).

YMMV as climatic and environmental factors DO play a role in life of these parts.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)