On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 07:38:41PM -0400, John Berryman wrote:
>       BTW, Kevin obviously has no sense of adventure. I do and frequently
> fulfill my desire by driving used MBs thousands of miles at a clip. I
> used to carry it on the plane but that doesn't fly anymore.Nowadays,
> I ship a tool kit and some simple spares ie fuel filters,
> hose&clamps, silicone sealer, JB-Weld, and bailing wire to the
> location of the car. You wouldn't believe half of the stories I have
> but I'll tell you I drove every one of them all the way home.

It's a little easier if the car has run recently. The part that had me
nervous is that the car seemed to have been sitting for a while unlicensed
and uninspected.

I've driven a couple home that I wasn't so sure were going to make it. It
helps a LOT if you have a good feeling that you can trust the person you
are buying the car from.