A month ago, we bought a new minivan, a 2022 Toyota Sienna. It has many
subscription based features. There’s a handy Toyota app that allows you to stop
and start your engine, lock and unlock the doors and a few other things. It’s
free for the first year, but $9.00 per month after that. That van has the most
uncomfortable seats. It does get 35mpg combined since it’s a hybrid. After
three weeks, this wasn’t enough to offset the discomfort, so it found its way
to a new owner, paid off the loan, and the 2008 Odyssey with over 164K miles is
going to stay around. The current generation Odyssey vans have a host of
recalls and issues, so we decided to get our deposit back and put some money
into the 2008. It needs some new rubber seals/weatherstrip to fix some water
leaks, it has some front suspension clunks, and it’s going to need
engine/transmission mounts soon. Compared to the new vans, it’s easier to get
into, more comfortable, has better air conditioning, and, best of all, NO CAR
PAYMENT!
Kevin in Lexington, NC

Sent from my iPhone