There are also a lot fewer manufacturers than there are brands. KitchenAid used
to be made by Hobart and that established their reputation. Today they are just
a brand of Whirlpool, as is Maytag, another brand that used to be known for
dependability.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, at 3:21 PM, Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes wrote:
> Kitchen aid dishwashers are considered good by today’s standards, as
> are Bosch but the longest lifespan dishwashers made today are Miele. Of
> course these are probably all junk compared to the stuff made 30-40 yrs
> ago.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 18, 2022, at 4:02 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes
>> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>
>> We moved in 9 years ago to a home that had KitchenAid double door fridge
>> and SS dishwasher - installed 5 years prior.  The DW was repaired once,
>> then started making a noise that didn't affect its operation, but we
>> replaced it anyway with a Bosch.  The fridge hasn't given any trouble at
>> all.
>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:37 PM OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The other factor is that software is usually considered to be rented or
>>> leased, not owned by the user who pays for it - even old installed
>>> applications like Office IIRC. So why should the software running the car
>>> be any different?

>>> https://www.consumerreports.org/automotive-industry/why-you-might-need-to-subscribe-to-get-certain-features-on-your-next-car-a6575794430/#:~:text=At%20least%20five%20automakers%E2%80%94%20Audi%2C%20BMW%2C%20Cadillac%2C%20Porsche%2C,those%20features%20are%20already%20built%20into%20the%20car

>>> --
>>> OK Don
>>>
>>> "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to
>>> pause and reflect." Mark Twain
>>>
>>> “Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”
>>> Wernher
>>> Von Braun
>>> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
>>> 2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
>>> 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!