On 2022-07-19 12:24, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
This is a no brainer. The panels are already powering the house and then some. I would spend no more for the EV than I would for a gas powered car, and would drive it no more than 6k miles/year. Not sure about maintenance
costs or resale value.

Maintenance costs are near zero until you need tires/brakes/suspension/batteries. Brakes: corrosion will get them in Michigan long before wear does, regenerative braking can nearly eliminate brake wear if you don't drive like a fool. Batteries: if you drive 6kmi per year, annual deterioration is going to be right up there with annual fuel costs for a gas/diesel vehicle.