Turned out to me much easier than hoped. A rare outcome for me when it comes to
repairs.

A few hammer taps knocked the remains of the broken stud out of the back of the
hub. There was enough clearance to get it out, and get the new one in. I used a
small stack of greased washers and a nut to pull it in, then a new lug nut to
remount the wheel.