My '98 Jetta was notorious for that. The wheel centers were tight on the rims
and wouldn't seat good. Get 10-15 miles down the road and the wheels would get
all loose. I eventually carried the torque wrench with me for the first couple
days after having a wheel off.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 2:49 PM, Allan Streib via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   One thing I will add, when you have a
wheel off, always go for a short test drive, do a few hard swerves left and
right, and then re-check the torque on the wheel lug nuts/bolts. I have more
than once had a wheel torqued up to spec only to find it loose a day or two
later after some driving.