I bought a pair of this model over 7 years ago - still going strong. Fully
adjustable. I've replaced the batteries once.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XIJNBP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 3:21 PM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Inexpensive and harbor freight are key words here.
>
> I have a yes welder helmet I got off Amazon for maybe $80, it works very
> well and has various adjustments
>
> --FT
> Sent from iFōn
>
> > On Aug 22, 2022, at 3:14 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have an inexpensive auto-darkening welding helmet. Pretty sure I got
> it at Harbor Freight.
> >
> > It works OK but when it darkens all I can see is the point of light that
> is the arc. I can't see a "puddle" or really even what I am welding.
> >
> > Is this normal or would a better helmet not get so dark but still offer
> adequate eye protection?
> >
> > Or does welding in the sunlight or bright lighting help? I'm welding in
> my garage which is not brightly lit.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!