I had a Honda walk behind self propelled lawn mower I bought around 2012 that I
never, ever had it not start on the first pull. I used non-ethanol fuel in it
and always ran the carb dry when I was done using it.

I use the same method with all of my gasoline fueled equipment and it seems to
work well. I have a pressure washer I bought in 1997 that’s still going strong,
too.

-D