I’m in the process of cleaning out this 116 450 fuel tank. The first step was I
took it down to the carwash with the sender and screen out and power washer it.
Next I reinstalled the sender and screen, duct taped the hose connections, and
filled the tank with 10 gallons of vinegar. The plan was leave it sit in one
position, rotate it around the next day so all areas get soaked. I planned on
doing this over the course of a week but it ended up sitting around for 3
weeks. Today I am continuing with it. All of the vinegar has evaporated at this
point which is not what I had intended. Installed a new unloader valve on my
power washer and now it works so I proceeded to power wash it. For the most
part the inside looks great now. There is some stuff sliding back and forth at
the bottom I need to flush out and got most of it I believe but there is a
really large solid chunk of rust/varnish/who knows what that is way too big to
come out and some smaller chunks that also will not come out.

What do you think the next step should be? Just leave them in there or go with
a second dose of vinegar, or perhaps something stronger to try to dissolve
these chunks?

Sent from my iPhone