Lucas, Prince of Darkness.  See, it's normal for all British components to
leak.  Cars leak oil, fuel, and coolant - it's only natural for British
electrics to leak smoke.

T shits seen at the NTNOA (North Texas Norton Owners Association) Lake O' the Pines Rally: "A gentleman does not motor about after dark - Joseph Lucas" Ya', I've owned British bikes in the past.

The only thing I know of that is scarier than Lucas is Magneti Marelli. The only thing that saves my Moto Guzzi-s is that they have Bosh starters and charging systems. Apparently Bosh bought out merged with Magneti Marelli in 1999. I did not know this. Now to be fair Lucas is / was a big company and had /has products for aerospace that are made with extreme quality however it has been my personal experience that this is not true of their consumer automotive electrics. It is said that at the Moto Guzzi factory the workers come to work early and very meticulously, with great passion do all the mechanical assembly and paint most of the day's bikes. Then they break for a late lunch where lots of wine is consumed and all of the tows girls are placed at extreme risk. Then the boss goes through the town and rounds up all the workers and returns them to the factory. At this time all the bikes are wired and the unfortunate few are pained. I don't know this for a fact but all my Guzzi friends don't / wont dispute it.

George Larribeau
Dallas, Texas

1985 300SD 190K
1987 HD FLHTC 86K